Answered By: Jeremy McGinniss Last Updated: May 05, 2020 Views: 118
Multiple databases have the ability to save items. The Search Anything bar, EBSCO Quick Search, and ProQuest Central provide options to save items to be viewed later. The JFL also provides access to download RefWorks which is a citation manager.
Students, staff, and faculty can access RefWorks, a citation management tool. This tool saves resources as you research and assists with citations, citation formats and bibliographies. To access RefWorks, begin here.
The Search Anything results provide a folder in order to save resources directly to your RefWorks library when you are logged into RefWorks. If you are not logged in to RefWorks, when you exit out of the page or close your browser, the resources saved in that folder will not be saved.
You can begin using RefWorks by logging in here. RefWorks will eventually be available for single sign-on; in the meantime, click on “No account? Sign up here,” and use your Liberty University email account.
- Start on the main library page here.
- Type in your search terms and click GO.
- You should get a list of results. You can click the title or Full Text Online to view.
- There are small icons to the top right of each result. Click the small folder icon to save the articles you would like to access later.
- Click the large folder icon at the top of the page to save and view the saved items. If you are logged into RefWorks you will be taken to your RefWorks library where you can organize your citations as needed.
- If you are not logged into RefWorks, because this is a temporary folder, you can email the resources to yourself, print the resources, or export to a citation manager, such as RefWorks, before you exit out of your page or browser.
Saving items to EBSCO
If you would like to permanently save items to a folder in EBSCO, you will first have to create an account (separate from your Liberty account):
- Begin with the EBSCO Quick Search database here:
- Once you have EBSCO open, click Sign In at the top right of the page.
- On the next page, below the login box, click Create a new Account.
- Fill out the information on the next page in order to create your account.
- After signing in, your name should be at the top right of the page.
- Once you have signed in and chosen an article you would like to save, click the title.
- On the article page, from the list of Tools on the right and select Add to folder.
- Click Folder at the top right to view the resources you have saved so far.
Saving items to ProQuest
ProQuest Central also has the ability to permanently save items to a folder when you create an account (separate from your Liberty account):
- Open the ProQuest Central link here.
- Click the person icon in the top right of the page (to the left of the question mark icon).
- Click Create a My Research account and enter your information.
- After signing in, you can save items to this folder by selecting an article, click the All Options icon to the right, and click Save to My Research.
- To view the resources you have saved previously, click the large Folder icon in the top right of the screen.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to us at (434) 592-3362 or at email@example.com.