This topic might be best described as a “book topic," so it is particularly difficult to research online. Much has been written on it, but this content is typically found in books and not journal articles. However, there are at least a couple of articles that might be used. Here are the instructions:
- The first thing to note is that not all heresies impacted the coming of Islam in the same way. Given the scarcity of resources on this, try concentrating on a particular heresy. We can use Arianism as an example.
- Click on the link to begin on the Library's home page.
- Once the above link is selected, look in the top right section for Collections.
- Place your mouse over Collections and select Databases.
- When the database page come up, look on the left under Browse by Subject and select Religion & Philosophy.
- In the list that comes up select Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials Plus.
- Once in the database, notice the three search bars located in the top left section of the page. Above the three search bars, it will say Searching: Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials Plus and Choose Databases.
- Select Choose Databases.
- Two columns should appear. Please select Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials PLUS, AtlaSerials, Religion Collection, Christian Periodical Index, Historical Abstracts, Philosophers Index with Full Text, and Religion & Philosophy Collection. Then select Ok.
- Your search terms for this will be something like Arianism OR Arian AND Islam OR Muslim.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to us at (434) 592-3362 or at email@example.com.