Answered By: Dena ten Pas Last Updated: May 13, 2020 Views: 286
To renew items checked out physically from the library on-campus:
- Begin at the Library Account page: https://liberty.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/account?vid=01LIBU_INST:Services&lang=en§ion=overview
- You can also access the library account when searching for books or articles using the My Account link in the upper right hand corner of the library home page (www.liberty.edu/library).
- Log In using your liberty email and password.
- If you are a community member, the ID number is the number listed on your community card. The ID number will consist of ONLY numbers, no letters.
- Once you have logged in, select the Loans tab at the top of the page.
- The items you have checked out will be displayed. Check the box to the left of the items you want to renew and click Renew. The page will update with your new due date.
- There are times when you are not able to renew your items online. This can happen if an item has been put on hold by another patron or if you’ve already renewed the item once. If you cannot renew your items online, please call the library at (434) 582-2220 and we will assist you over the phone.
To renew InterLibrary Loan items (These are typically items checked out from the JFL on-campus):
- Begin at the InterLibrary Loan page: https://www.liberty.edu/library/interlibrary-loan-online-students/
- Use the login box on the right to log into your ILLiad account.
- Once you’re logged in, click on Checked Out Items located on the left side of the page under View.
- Here you can select the transaction number of the item you need to renew.
- If you are able to renew the item online, there will be a Request renewal link. If you are not able to find this link or you have an issue renewing the item online, please contact the InterLibrary Loan department at (434) 582-2442 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to us at (434) 592-3362 or at email@example.com.