Answered By: Dena ten Pas Last Updated: Apr 04, 2017 Views: 23
You will first need to choose a heresy or council. Options include Arianism, the Council of Chalcedon, the Council of Nicea, and Nestorianism.
The best place to look for these particular topics is in a database called Theological Journal Library. To find and use this database, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the library home page.
- In the top middle-right of the page there is a heading called Collections. Click on this heading and select "Databases" from underneath Electronic.
- Look on the left side of the page under Browse by Subject. Scroll down this list and click on "Religion & Philosophy."
- On the next page is a list of databases related to philosophy and religion. Scroll down and find the link for Theological Journal Library. Click on this database.
- Once you've opened the database, look on the right under Journals Menu. Click on the link for "Search Journals."
- This brings you to a page with a search bar. Use the search bar to type in your terms, for example: Arianism. Then search.
- All of the results in this database are scholarly. Click on the red article title links to open the full articles. Examples of relevant articles include: "The Doctrine of the Trinity: Its Historical Development and Departures" and "Athanasius and the Arian Controversy."