Answered By: Dena ten Pas Last Updated: Nov 13, 2017 Views: 1897
Answered By: Dena ten Pas
Last Updated: Nov 13, 2017 Views: 1897
Thank you for contacting the Jerry Falwell Library with your question. To locate sources on the effects of the fall of the western empire on the church, please complete the following steps:
- Click on the following link to begin: Link.
- Once the above link is selected, look on the right under "Religion & Philosophy."Under that, select "ATLA Religion Database with ATLA Serials."
- Once in the database, notice the 3 search bars located in the top left section of the page. Above the 3 search bars, it will say "Searching: ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials" and "Choose Databases."
- Select "Choose Databases."
- Two columns should appear. Please select "ATLA Religion Database, ATLASerials, Religion Collection, Christian Periodical Index, Historical Abstracts, Philosopher's Index, and Religion & Philosophy Collection." Then select "Ok."
- From here, you may want to try different search terms. Try terms like “Rome” OR “western empire” AND “fall” AND “church”. You might want to search key figures or events related to the topic as well. The following is an article that lists the “effects of the fall of Rome on Christianity”. However, this is not a scholarly article, so DON’T use it as your article. But, using the information it contains can help you find a suitable details which you could then use as search terms. So, the article talks about Christians needing to evangelize the barbaric tribes. You could then use this information to find articles such as this one.
- Once the results come up, look on the left under "Limit To" and select "Linked Full Text." You may also want to select “Academic Journal” under "Source Types."
- To read articles, select "PDF Full Text."